Dear Hebrew Academy families,
At Hebrew Academy, Judaic Studies are paramount and a Secular Education is of utmost importance as we strive to turn out students who excel in both worlds.
Let us look to the past accomplishments of our students before aspiring for the new school year.
Our students continued to make us proud, in all domains. They excelled in all competitions be it in Bible contests, Moot Beit Din, Science, Math and sports championships just to name a few, winning the following awards:
- First Place, National Chidon HaTanach
- Second Place, Regional Chidon HaTanach,
- Best Pleader, Annual Ruth and Alex Dworkin Moot Court of Jewish Law
- Second Best Factum, Annual Ruth and Alex Dworkin Moot Court of Jewish Law
- Multiple awards at Hydro Quebec Montreal Regional Science and Technology Fair
- Gold medal, GMAA (Greater Montreal Athletic Association) Championship, Midget Girls
- Gold medal, JISA Hockey Championship, Bantam Boys and Midget Boys
- Silver medal, JISA Futsal Championship, Bantam Boys
- Second Place, David Tanzman Memorial Basketball Tournament, Juvenile Boys
In the area of Chessed, our students are taught to give back. From Kindergarten to Grade 11, they collectively raised almost $100,000 this past year for local and international charities including Shalva, Chai Lifeline, MADA, Yaldei, Od Yosef Chai, the JEM Workshop, the Montreal Children’s Hospital, the tiny miracles at Jewish General Hospital and the Friendship circle. We are so proud of them.
These are but a few examples of ways in which our students – and our school – shine, and bring us tremendous nachat.
None of these accomplishments would have been possible without the strong dedicated and committed team of rabbis, administrators, and teachers who work tirelessly to give our students a safe, meaningful and challenging educational environment. We are very fortunate to have you all as great role models.
We want to take this opportunity to welcome our new Head of School, Dr. Laura Segall. We are extremely excited to work with her this coming year, and are confident that the school is in great hands with her at the helm.
We are also proud to welcome Rabbi Shostak as the school’s Rabbi and we look forward to learning from him and being inspired by him every day.
Finally, we want to take a moment to recognize and thank our amazing parent body. Your support, volunteering and commitment is remarkable. Thank you for trusting us.
Please remember, we are here for you. At Hebrew Academy, we are family.
Vanessa Fallenbaum and Chaya Lieberman